Florence County, South Carolina, USA...
a proven location for world-class business and industry.
- Our commitment to a job well done has won us many friends in the international business community, including firms such as ABB, DuPont,ESAB Welding and Cutting, General Electric Medical Systems, Heinz, Honda, Johnson Controls, QVC, Roche and many others.
- A labor force bolstered by seven (7) technical colleges in a 60-mile radius with enrollment in excess of 12,000 students.
- A ratio of 17:1 applicants per opening for industry-specific training programs in the last five years.
- Healthcare second to none, including 2 excellent and growing medical campuses.
- A professional state and local economic development team providing quality services to new and expanding business clients with the utmost in confidentiality.
- The Southeastern Institute of Manufacturing & Technology. This new 400,000 square foot state-of-the-art facility is the region's premiere training facility for industry and have capabilities including: rapid prototyping; interactive three-dimensional digital video training; sophisticated machine tool and Computer Numberical Control (CNC) training and services; and the National Robotics Training Center of Excellence.
Florence County, South Carolina, USA:
Global Reach... with a Southern Touch.
Message from the Chairman
From the Board of Directors of the Florence County Economic Development Partnership, and on behalf of our citizens, welcome to the dynamic economy of Florence County, South Carolina USA. In Florence County, government and the private sector have worked hand-in-hand to maintain a business climate conducive to capital investment and profitability. Since 1997, more than $1.1 billion in capital investment has been recorded by new and expanding enterprises in our county. This speaks volumes about the county’s ability to support and nurture business. Thanks for visiting fcedp.com.
To request more information about Florence County, use our Rapid Response form to contact us with your questions. All requests are strictly confidential.
-Dr. Charlie Gould, Chairman - Florence County Economic Development Partnership
History of Florence County Economic Development Partnership
The Florence County Economic Development Partnership opened its doors on January 1, 1999. This private-public venture was conceived by Florence County Council and a private business organization known as Florence County Progress, Inc. This alliance is exemplified through the 25 member Partnership Board with members appointed by County Council and elected by members of Florence County Progress. Thus, both parties work as a team to enhance the county´s economic development.
The Partnership works to recruit new business and industry to the area while helping existing industry grow and expand.
About Florence County Progress
Florence County Progress is a private venture of area business people who take a personal interest in the economic development of Florence County.
The purpose of Progress is to promote, implement, and support activities designed to improve the economic development of Florence County and to maintain a quality climate for business and industry. The Progress Board is made up of 13 members of the organization. Click here to learn more about Florence County Progress, Inc., to meet the Florence County Progress Board, or to find out how to become a member. www.fcprogress.com.